Hernia repairs (inguinal and incisional ) are so common to have been under-rated as simple procedures which lacks specialisation. But the first time is the best time for a successful hernia outcome, both in the short term and in the long term. Hernias when complicated can even be life threatening. Repair of large and complex hernias requires special expertise and understanding of the principles. Hence, at GEM we have a dedicated department for laparoscopic hernia surgeries and all laparoscopic hernia surgeries are being performed at the institute. The department tales pride to have been performing complex procedures like anterior /posterior component separation, retro-rectus approach for incisional hernias, venetian blinds technique for divarication of recti, concomitant ventral hernia repair with bariatric surgery etc, which has helped us to report the lowest possible recurrence rate compared to any best centre in the world. Now, with the introduction of 4K laparoscopy, 3D imaging module and the da Vinci Robotic system, this has only gotten better.
- TEP/TAPP repairs for Inguinal hernia
- Laparoscopic Intra-peritoneal only mesh repair for Vental hernia
- Laparoscopic retro-rectus sheath(eTEP) repair for incisional hernia
- Endoscopic anterior / posterior component separation for large incisional hernias
- Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic hernia repair
- Laparoscopic repair of Hiatus hernia with Fundoplication